Friday, July 11, 2008

2 Corinthians 3

When I read Paul's words about the Corinthian church being his "letter of recommendation", I think I have a bit of an idea what he means. In some ways I feel that way about the Boonville United Methodist Church and the ministries of the New Creation Mission Field including the new church we are planting together in Trenton. I have been pastor in Boonville for 17 years! (last week was our anniversary of sorts as we begin our 18th year together!) When I came here I was a 31 year old pastor with dreams and hopes. Now I am 48 and much of my life story has been written with these people in this fellowship.

Paul says that he speaks with boldness as we are being transformed in differing degrees by the Spirit of God. I pray that God will continue to transform us as we move together in exciting creative fields of ministry. We are not done by any stretch of the imagination!

Happy Anniversary.

3 comments:

Sue H said...

Praise God for allowing us to grow together as a family. We a truly Blessed with having you and your family here. Let us celebrate together and Pray that we continue to grow. God Bless You and Your FAmily

Lynn said...

Without you as our spititual leader, many of us, self included, would not be were we are in our walk today with our Lord and Savior. Secondly, after looking for Jesus' return, I look forward to the next 17 years with you at the helm. God bless you!

Beth Quick said...

I remember when Bruce had his last Sunday in Rome, he pulled up Andy Frank, who was the first child he had baptized there, as his sort of "letter of recommendation." That's what it's about. I like what Paul says about Moses and the veil and the veil still sort of being there with Moses, but not in the spirit - that now we can have in us, reflected in us, this glory of the image of God.