Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

As we begin this new year together, we also begin a new adventure. Finally the day has come for us to begin our journey through the New Testament of the Bible together!

There are 260 chapters in the 27 books of the New Testament and this lends itself well to our new program. We will read 1 chapter every week day during 2008. I will post some of my thoughts as I read and I hope you will respond with insights and questions. I am not looking for right and wrong answers, I am looking for an opportunity for us to think together, to confront the Bible and be confronted and comforted by it.

If you would like to join us in this journey simply read 1 chapter each weekday from the assigned text. Feel free to sign on here and ask questions or post your observations. I hope that we will use this site as a safe forum to exchange ideas and express our faith together. We will not agree on every article of faith or interpretation of scripture, and that will bother us more than it will bother God.

We begin our journey in the Gospel of Mark. The assigned readings for this month are simple:
Tuesday January 1 -- Friday January 4 -- Mark chapters 1,2,3 and 4.
Monday January 7 -- Friday January 11 -- Mark Ch. 5,6,7,8 and 9.
Monday January 14 -- Friday January 18 -- Mark Ch. 10,11,12,13 and 14.
Monday January 21 -- Friday January 25 -- Mark Ch. 15,16, Romans Ch. 1,2 and 3
Monday January 28 -- Friday February 1 -- Romans Ch. 4,5,6,7, and 8

Use Saturdays to catch up if you fall behind and join us for worship Sundays where I will preach from the texts we have read that week. I am working on a way to post our Sunday morning worship services on line and I will post the site where you can find this when it becomes available.

I am excited about this opportunity for our extended Church family to read and learn together. I hope you will consider yourself a member of this family even if geographic location prevents you from being physically present with us. Let's begin this journey.

No comments: