Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Call to Radical Christianity

I have a bonus post for you all today. Several weeks ago my covenant group - the crazy preachers I went to Uganda with last October and that I meet with every month for prayer and accountability - produced a manifesto of sorts. It was sent to our Bishop and her cabinet under the title "A Call to Radical Christianity".

After we sent it to our Bishop and her cabinet, we mailed a copy to all of the pastors in the North Central New York Annual Conference. Tomorrow night, Wednesday January 23rd, we have invited any interested pastors to join us in Syracuse at Christ Community United Methodist Church to dream and discuss.

The link below will take you to a site where you can read the document. Make comments, and pray for us tomorrow night as we try to lean in to the call God has placed upon us as disciples of His Son.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhjm6jn5_0cx22q77g

In His Service,
Bill

7 comments:

Pastor Bill said...

If you are interested in the site I posted you'll apparently need to copy the link and paste it into your browser. You might also try
the blogspot
http://ACallToRadicalChristianity.blogspot.com

Darlynne said...

WOW! This is pretty powerful stuff. We are excited about the direction in which you are leading our church. We will be backing you in prayer. Remember you are not going alone. Darlynne and Scott

Pastor Bill said...

Thank-you both so much for your prayer cover and support. I know that God has called us for this hour and that God is with us, but I do not know what the future holds for us as we stand up with this. I trust God will order our steps and protect and guide us.

Bill

Beth Quick said...

I will be very interested in hearing how things go - wish I could be there. Thought about coming into town for it, but that's not very practical I suppose! Love you!

mw said...

"Crazy Preachers" - no wonder I love you.

Anyway, after reading the bonus section, a verse immediately came to mind concerning the "institution".

Revelation 2:4 (to the angel of the church of Ephesus)

"Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place - unless you repent."

I love the stand you all have made - and I am sure it is Spirit-driven. You can count on prayer support from us.

The Lord directed us to you and your teachings for a reason (His). I will see this through to the glorious end.

Mark 5:36 !!

Anonymous said...

Pastor Bill,

I just want to take a moment to edify you on your noble journey. Your heart for God and spirit led drive for renewal is refreshing. Your call reminds me of a modern Malachi when he faced the lax, religious, watered down relationship the Jews (and the religious establishment, Malachi 2:7-8) had with their Lord. I pray that the call to return to our relationship is heard!!
Return to me, and I will return to you," Malachi 3:7

Anonymous said...

I had a chance to read "A Call..." tonight. Someday when you're in Syracuse, you'll have to stop by.

Jim